My fashion-related shopping for the month included some necessities, some things that I planned out, and a few things that were arguably impulse purchases (though all of those were things that I had wanted at some point). I've discussed why I don't set a concrete budget for myself while still keeping close track of my overall budget and limiting my fashion (and beauty) spending based on my other needs. Lo and behold, budget-related circumstances changed this month. My interview-related travels did not require anything more expensive than a train ticket and then I got the job! This allowed me to move funds out of the interview travel category. Some of the freed-up funds will go towards shopping.
I might have made some of my spending choices out of a desire to celebrate, and that might also be seen in some of next month's decisions. It isn't necessarily the best thing to celebrate one's achievements by shopping, but as long as one is careful, I don't think there's any real harm.
I am proud of how well I have done with beauty-related purchases. The concealer was the first thing I bought at Sephora this year (an improvement over this time last year). While I still purchase many skincare items because of my complicated routine, each thing I bought was an identified "need."
Fashion - (TOTAL: $376.72)
- Two-Pack of H&M Tights - $17.95 - I couldn't find black fleece-lined tights anywhere and my old pair was in poor condition. These count as a "need." They're not fleece-lined, but were the thickest pair available at H&M at the time.
- Uniqlo Cotton Cashmere Tunic - $39.90 - I had wanted a gray sweater, but could have waited until next year.
- Uniqlo Striped Tunic - $29.90 - A St. James-like striped shirt is something I've wanted for a long time. However, I can't really say that I was thinking about buying one anytime soon until I saw this top while shopping for the sweater.
- Equipment Silk Shirt - $66.00 - One of the things from The RealReal. I had a 20% off coupon that dropped the price to $60, but I needed to pay rather outlandishly high shipping costs ($11.95!) which I averaged out between the two items.
- Diane von Furstenberg Wrap Dress - $66.00 - Same as above.
- Skagen Freja Watch - $69.99 -This was a very well planned out purchase and among the things I knew I wanted to buy this year under the rules of my shopping fast. This was a sale price on what I believe is an older style. The current price for new Frejas is $125.
- J. Crew Crystal Snowflake Necklace - $46.99 - Purchased on Ebay. I wanted this necklace a few months ago when it was on sale from J. Crew for a similar price, but never pulled the trigger. I looked for it on Ebay on impulse and was lucky(?) enough to find it.
- Pearl Stud Earrings - $39.99 - Purchased on Amazon at a greater discount than is available now. This was a replacement and slight upgrade for something that broke.
- Nars Creamy Concealer in Mustard - Replacement for something that ran out.
- Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Squeeze Mask 15 Sheets - My skin was acting up the week before my interviews and I wanted to go back to these masks because I knew for sure that they wouldn't exacerbate irritation. They're available for a good price on Amazon.
- Missha First Treatment Essence - Bought during one of those 40% sales (strictly speaking, 30% sale plus 10% cash back) as a back-up for when my current bottle runs out.
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule - Same as above.
Linking up with Franish and other Budgeting Bloggers, which you can find here.